A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Kim nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I love doing tags and answering questions, so thanks, Kim!
You can read Kim’s answers here.
Now, without further ado, let’s get onto the tag!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog;
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 new questions; and
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog site.
What keeps you motivated?
I think the people around me are a big motivator for me. At school, I used to put so much effort in, because I always wanted my mum to see me doing well. I’m also very motivated by other people’s achievements; seeing family, IRL friends, and online friends doing well always gives me hope and inspires me.
Thinking about where I want to be in one/three/five year’s time is also a big motivator for me. Sometimes, when progress seems so minor, it can be difficult to keep going, so I tend to think about what the end result could be, rather than getting discouraged by how long things are taking. It always makes me feel much more positive.
If you could travel anywhere in the world (money is no object here), where would you go and why?
Tokyo! I’m really into anime and manga, and I love Japanese snacks, so I’ve always wanted to visit. I read Georgie’s blogs about her trip there and everything just sounded incredible. I’d love to visit a themed cafe, see all the beautiful buildings, and look round all the shops.
What is your favourite season and why?
Spring, because I like leaving work when it’s still light out, but don’t like it when it’s too warm. I’m honestly not looking forward to the dark evenings creeping in over the next few months.
List your 5 favourite movies and why they’re your favourites.
Because I’m terrible at decision-making I’ve listed my favourite 6. #SorryNotSorry
1. Riding in Cars With Boys – because it absolutely breaks my heart every single time. Sorry for how cliched that sounds.
2. The Guru – because I’ve loved it since I was ten and it’s just so lovely.
3. Crash – because it shows the harsh reality of racial prejudice, whilst creating an interesting set of three-dimensional characters.
4. Silence of the Lambs – because ‘the answer isn’t on those second-rate shoes, Clarice.’
5. Kung Fu Hustle – because it’s absolutely hilarious and I’ve never seen anything else like it.
6. My Neighbor Totoro – because cat buses are cool.
List your 5 favourite TV shows and why they’re your favourites.
I couldn’t decide again, so here’s my top 8:
1. Orphan Black – because Tatiana Maslany’s acting is brilliant.
2. Cougar Town – because it’s always so cheerful and I want to be friends with every single character.
3. Charmed – because witches.
4. Desperate Housewives – because all the storylines and characters are so brilliant and hilarious that I wish I’d written it.
5. Santa Clarita Diet – because they somehow made me love a cannibalistic zombie.
6. Brooklyn Nine-Nine – because every single episode is hilarious and Captain Holt is the best man ever.
7. Gilmore Girls – because Rory and Lorelai have the most amazing mother-daughter relationship and everyone talks as fast as I do.
8. Gavin & Stacey – because, even though I’ve seen it one million times, it still never fails to cheer me up.
I apologise for the ridiculous amount of cheating going on in this tag.
What are you reading at the moment?
Pure by Rose Bretecher and Not Working by Lisa Owens. I tend to read at least a couple of books at a time so I can switch between them when I feel like reading something different. Forever indecisive!
Why do you blog?
Before I started blogging, I used to have a website where I made boring celebrity blends and tacky animated glitter graphics. All the people who I used to follow at the time began blogging, so I kind of just followed the trend and set up my own blog.
I continue to blog because I love writing, and it’s really nice to have something to look back at to remember what was happening at different points in my life. I also like to keep up with the friends I’ve made online, and I feel like if I stopped blogging I’d lose that place in the community.
I also like how it forces me to keep writing, so I can keep my skills up to scratch!
If you could go back in time, which period of history would you visit and why?
I know this is really boring and not really a historical period, but I’d probably go back to the 80s. I love the music and just think it would be amazing to be around when it was all new and exciting.
You’re holding a dinner party, which 5 fictional characters would you invite and why?
1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games – because her fire dress and mad skills would make my party the coolest, and we could probably use her to light the barbecue.
2. Bree from Desperate Housewives – Because I love her, and she’d probably bring some amazing home-cooked dish along. Yes to food!
3. Sarah Manning from Orphan Black – because she’s an absolute badass.
4. Ramona from Santa Clarita Diet – If you haven’t seen Santa Clarita Diet, Ramona is the most hilarious character and I just love everything about her. She’d definitely make a dinner party interesting!
5. Voldermort from Harry Potter – but I’d request that he hides inside someone’s headgear for the majority of the party, so I can spend the evening guessing where the Dark Lord is.
I hope they all like Quorn chicken strips and burnt sweet potato fries…
Would you spend £10,000 on a deposit for a house or your dream wedding?
Sadly, as I’ve recently found out from emailing venues, my “dream wedding” would be at least £20,000, and over £10,000 is looking like a realistic wedding amount for us. Also, annoyingly, we’re looking to buy a house this year which would also be £10,000. I’d probably go with a house out of the two though, as that’s what we’re prioritising saving-wise, but both things will be saved for over the next few years. Here’s to never going on holiday ever!
What is your dream car?
This is such a “basic bitch” kind of answer, but I’d love a new style, red Mini Cooper. Sadly, I probably won’t be able to afford one for a very long time, but I can dream!
My 11 Questions For You
1. What are your five favourite books?
2. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. Did you enjoy school? Why/why not?
4. Describe the best holiday you’ve ever been on.
5. You’re going for a meal and can pick any three courses that you want. What do you choose for your starter, main and dessert?
6. What’s your favourite drink?
7. Recommend three blogs/websites that other people might not have heard of.
8. What was your favourite subject at school and why?
9. List five things that make you happy.
10. List four interesting facts about yourself.
11. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Nominations for The Sunshine Blogger Award
I nominate everyone who comments on this post. Happy blogging!