The lovely Britney and Michelle have both nominated me for the Liebster Award, which means I get to take a break from the usual posts and answer some fun questions. I haven’t been nominated for anything like this for ages, so thank you, Britney and Michelle!
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Ask 11 new questions for them to answer.
1. What is your zodiac sign, and which zodiac sign do you think you are the most and least compatible with?
I’m a Scorpio, but I don’t really believe any particular star signs are compatible with each other. I think every person is different and you can’t judge compatibility based on the month your partner was born in. However, according to an astrology page I just read, my star sign and Andy’s star sign may struggle for the first year of our relationship, but after that we’ll probably last forever. Hopefully he’ll learn how to put his jeans in the basket during that time!
2. Would you rather live on the lake or on the beach?
I wouldn’t really want to live on either, but if I had to choose it’d probably be the lake. Because I couldn’t bear having sand everywhere!
3. How many states and/or countries have you been to?
I live in England and I’ve been to Ireland, Scotland and Wales. So that’s four.
Yes, I’ve never left this part of the world. Yes, I realise how boring that is.
4. Where is your favourite vacation spot?
I’ve not really been to many places, but my favourite so far is London. I just love how big it is, and how you can spend days and days there and still have tonnes left to do. There’s something different around every corner and it’s so exciting!
5. Are you an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?
Definitely an introvert. I love socialising, but I could never be someone who’s around crowds of people all the time. I need time to myself to recharge. Plus, I find it difficult to approach and speak to new people, especially in large groups.
6. How would you describe your style?
Socially acceptable goth-nerd chic. Basically, I love a dark pair of jeans, black shirts and/or geeky T-Shirts, a pair of boots, a leather jacket and chokers/leather bracelets. Except I like to blend into a crowd too, so it’s never anything that makes a statement. Just something quite plain, which I can feel like a complete, total bad-ass in.
Note: I don’t actually look like a “complete, total bad-ass”, I just like to play MIA on full volume and pretend I am.
7. What is your favourite shade(s) of lipstick to wear?
Dark red or purple, because I love bold colours!
8. Do you prefer blush or bronzer?
Blush. I’m way too pale for bronzer!
9. Are there any beauty brands that you absolutely love?
I’m not really big on beauty products, but I love Revolution’s eye-shadow palettes. They do so many colours and they’re not too pricey, plus their packaging is amazing. I recently bought the mermaid one and it’s so pretty! (See above photo)
10. What is the last album that you listened to?
Black Widow by In This Moment. It’s one of my favourite albums of all time. I love alternative metal and Maria Brink’s voice is just so powerful. Plus the lyrics are so empowering!
11. What was the last concert you went to?
Kate Nash in February. Me and my friend were dancing so ridiculously by the side of the stage that we were invited on stage to dance with her! It was amazing!
1. When is the last time you truly noticed something in your life? Where you surprised? Thankful? Sad? Regretful?
Recently, I’ve noticed how many wonderful people in my life and I’m so thankful for that. I really am very lucky.
2. What books or t.v shows etc; truly resonated with you recently?
The last book that really resonated with me was The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer. It focuses on how she learned that asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of, and how it can help you to achieve what you want and make your life better. It made me realise how important it is to take chances, even if they terrify you. Definitely an inspiring read!
3. What breed of dog would you get if you could? Or would you like a cat, instead? Or another animal?
I’d either want an English bulldog, a Dalmatian, a pig or an alpaca. I definitely wouldn’t want a cat, as I’m allergic!
4. What is the shortest time you spent away from the computer and your smartphone?
I think the only time I spend away from my laptop and smartphone is when I sleep. Recently, I’ve been trying to spend less time online, but it’s not been going well. I always want to check everything!
5. What’s the craze you went through in your adolescence? It could be a generational thing or a decade thing.
When I was in high school, everyone was obsessed with scoobies, which were plastic strings that you’d weave into bracelets. Loads of kids used to sell their pre-made bracelets and I was stupid enough to actually buy one for way more than it was worth. This is why I can’t afford a mortgage right now!
6. What is your raison d’être? Your reason to be?
I’ve never really thought about it, but I guess it would just be to be as happy as possible and try to achieve the things I want in life.
7. What’s the longest time you stayed up? Shortest time you slept?
In April, I ended up staying up for 23 hours while a drunk Andy washed everyone else’s political opinions off himself, cleaned the bathroom with my underwear, and fell out of the “magic washroom”. As funny as that sounds, I was not happy.
The shortest time I slept was when I went to London for my 21st birthday. I needed to be up at 4, but couldn’t sleep because the neighbours were on their usual drink and drugs spree and spent the entire night blasting out Ed Sheeran. I ended up going round London on one hours sleep. It wasn’t good!
8. What’s in a name? What does your name mean to you? Do you like it?
My name’s always meant getting confused over whether people are shouting me or other Amys, and never being able to get a domain name using my name. It’s way too common!
9. Is my doggo Marley, so adorable? Don’t you like Labradors?
Yes, Marley is adorable! I love Labradors!
10. What is your biggest fear?
Losing the people I love.
11. How do you feel about giant man eating spiders?
Anyone who reads this blog post! You’re all amazing!
Here are my questions for anyone who fancies taking part:
1. What are your five favourite books?
2. Are you a morning or an evening person?
3. If you had to be a drink, what drink would you be and why?
4. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this year?
5. How much time do you spend on the Internet?
6. What is your favourite vegetable?
7. What was the last thing you bought?
8. Where did you last go on holiday?
9. Who’s the last person you messaged?
10. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
11. What advice would you give to your younger self?