The final day of our London trip was spent at The Warner Brother Studio Tour: The Making of Harry Potter, where we got to tour the set of the Harry Potter films. I’ve always loved the Harry Potter series, so it was incredibly magical to be able to see some of my favourite sets close-up, and to learn so much about how the series was filmed. There was so much to do and see and I loved it so much!
Instead of describing the entire experience in detail and potentially ruining it for anyone who wants to go, I thought I’d write a light-hearted list about things you can do while you’re there. Enjoy!
1. Try to get as many photos as you can with the giant chess pieces because they’re giant fucking chess pieces
We got soooo many.
2. Visit the gift shop and try to justify spending £75 on a robe
I mean, you could go to work as an actual wizard, which would almost definitely get you a promotion.
3. Shout ‘OMG’ repeatedly as you pass the cupboard under the stairs
It’s the most iconic cupboard under the stairs, guys.
4. Marvel at how amazing The Great Hall is and take some really shit videos of said amazing place
I am only capable of moving the camera at one speed and that is FAST.
5. Point at things and squeal
Yes, this is 100% necessary.
6. Spend £25 on a video of you flying a broomstick
Because when else are you going to get the chance to buy a video of you winning at Quidditch?
7. Try to cure your significant other’s arachnophobia with a visit to the Forbidden Forest
Though be aware that your partner may not be cured by seeing Aragog, and may be incredibly mad at you for trying to convince him that giant spiders aren’t scary.
8. Do some awkward amateur acting on the Hogwarts Express
I am now an actual pro at pretending to be scared of Dementors. Anyone wanna hire me?
9. Eat as much butterbeer ice cream as humanly possible
It is seriously the best ice cream ever and I wish I could have taken some home with me.
10. Steal some of your significant other’s butterbeer so you don’t have to pay for your own
It’s a very sweet, very tasty drink and you have to try some!
11. Queue up to walk through the Dursley’s house so you can get totes emosh over the fact the first Harry Potter movie came out over fifteen years ago
Yes, we are all aging. Yes it is terrifying.
12. Almost cry as you see the model they used for Hogwarts
It’s… just… so… beautiful.
13. Take photos of every single thing you see
Then cry and panic when your phone starts dying.
14. Accidentally take a photo of The Knight Bus while a stranger is posing in front of The Knight Bus
I unfortunately have about five of these…
15. Try to justify buying every single wand they sell
Because you need to have every single one to prove you’re a true Harry Potter fan
16. Try to get the perfect blogger photo on Diagon Alley
This only took 8 attempts and it’s still not amazing…
17. Push some suitcases into a wall
Because we all know this is the sign of a true wizard.
18. Spend £9 on a Chocolate Frog
It’s a magic frog, guys. It practically pays for itself.
19. And, finally, have fun!
Fortunately, this one’s easy!
As you can probably tell from this post, it’s a fantastic tour and I’d definitely recommend booking if you haven’t been before. You need to book quite far ahead though, especially for weekend slots. We went on a Thursday and I stupidly assumed it would be quieter, but it’s so popular that the majority of times are at full capacity. They do stagger entry, but you still end up going in with a group of around 200 people. That sounds crazy, but it’s not TOO bad when you’re in there. Yeah, you have to wait to get a few photos, but I’ve honestly been to comic cons that are more difficult to move round. It’s well worth it and that’s coming from me, and I hate busy places.
Plus, where else can you spend the day pretending you’re in eight of the best films ever?