I know I always say this, but it’s been a busy couple of weeks. Even though I’ve been off work for a week now, I still feel as though I’ve barely stopped. But now, the Christmas dinners have been eaten, the presents are away, and I’ve finally got the house back to a reasonably tidy state. Which means it’s time to sit down and tell you what I’ve been up to over the past couple of weeks!
Mine and Andy’s Anniversary
The 19th of December marked 2 years since me and Andy got together, so we went to a lovely little Italian restaurant to celebrate. I had the nicest garlic mushrooms in the world, along with a huge ham and mushroom tagliatelle starter portion, a ham and mushroom pizza and a kid’s ice cream (with the best plastic elephant toy ever). It was so nice to go out and celebrate the past two years – it’s been amazing!
I finished work for Christmas on the 21st, so I’ve had an entire week of doing Christmassy things! Well, an entire week of lounging around in front of the TV, but what’s the difference?
On the 23rd I went round to my mum and dad’s to make Christmas buns! Me and my mum spent the majority of the day messing about with icing and coloured sprinkles, and actually managed to make some decent-looking buns. You can see a couple of these on my Instagram. I also made a few that went incredibly wrong, but I’m incredibly fast at eating those, so I can’t show you the photos. 🙂
We went down to Andy’s parents’ house in Cheshire on Christmas Eve, and spent Christmas there. It’s the first time I’ve ever spent Christmas away from my mum, dad and sister, so it was a little bit sad, but I had a great time eating food and playing games with Andy’s family. Andy’s mum made a lovely Christmas dinner, and I finally got to tell Andy that I’d got him a ticket to Silverstone this year! He was so happy!
I also got a beautiful, new Pandora charm from Andy, along with a Pandora gift voucher from his grandparents. Andy got me the heart with the red stone, and I bought the butterfly bead and the padlock heart in the Christmas sale. I’ve listed some more Christmas presents further on in the post – just in case you want to have a nosy!
Boxing Day was spent at my parents’ house, putting on funny glasses and taking silly selfies. My mum did her usual Christmas dinner, I ate way too much, and we played a ring toss game which involved inflatable antlers, rings, and me getting hit in the head numerous times. So much fun!
I was originally planning to do a “What I got for Christmas” post, but then I realised that I’m not nearly girly enough to give a detailed description of all the scents and bottles and stuff I got. So here’s a list of some of the presents I got instead (and pictures):
- Floral purse – I bought this from New Look with some of my Christmas money. You can never have enough purses…
- Owl purse – From Andy’s lovely parents. Because I like owls. And storing money in safe places.
- Purple leather Pandora bracelet – This one.
- Baylis and Harding gift sets – They’re gold and pretty and contain shower gels, hand creams and body lotions. By the way, they all smell like nice things
- Cupcake apron – Andy’s brother got me this, so I can look super-cool when I’m baking cakes.
- Sparkle perfume from Next
- Batman – Return to Arkham – The PS3 games re-mastered for PS4. They’re absolutely beautiful.
- Hot water bottle – So warm, so lovely.
- Avon Pamper Treasures Collection
- Wonder Woman/Batman shower gel – So I can shower like a superhero!
- Nivea lip balms
- Pikachu badges
- Game of Thrones Season 6 – A gift from me to me.
- Pikachu cushion
- Christmassy jewellery!
- One of those pens where you can select a colour – Because I’m a big kid.
I also got way too much chocolate to start my January diet properly. It’s not going to go well…
Yesterday, I went out to see Rogue One for my friend’s birthday. I actually thought it was BETTER than episode VII (and I loved episode VII, so that’s really saying something). Felicity Jones is an amazing lead, the fight scenes were brilliant, and I loved how the main characters played off each other. Also, *slight spoiler* Darth Vader is so cool! Would definitely recommend!
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week! I’ll be posting a 2016 summary at the weekend, so watch out for that!
What have you been up to lately?