I’m going to start this post by bringing attention to the fact that I dieted for half a day last Thursday, and exercised three days in a row last week. Then the bank holiday weekend happened, I bought lots of chocolate, and decided watching re-runs of Gilmore Girls would be more comfortable than doing odd hip movements in my living room. So, basically, I failed. Again. I am a failure. But if being a failure means I get to spend three days on the sofa eating more than necessary, then I think I’m okay with it.
August has mostly involved settling into a new house, seeing friends, and eating out more times than I can count. Nothing really significant happened in August. Unless you think hatching a Mr. Mime on Pokemon Go is significant. But you probably don’t.
I have, however, really enjoyed the bank holiday weekend. Me and Andy watched lots of Gilmore Girls and Desperate Housewives, ate lots of nice things, and I even had time to read more of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child. It’s definitely been a relaxing weekend, which is refreshing after having to deal with so much stress this year. Hopefully, all the bank holidays (and weekends) will be like this from now on.
I also made some bracelets and necklaces over the weekend:
There is literally nothing more cathartic than stabbing a Lego figure in the head. And there is literally no statement weirder than that. Sorry.
This morning, me and my mum visited the new Lindt shop in Leeds. It was so beautiful. We spent ages staring at chocolate, before deciding to get a pick ‘n’ mix. I chose to get two of each flavour, because
I’m all about trying new things I’m the greediest person ever. Don’t worry, I did share them with Andy.
If you’re ever in Leeds, I’d definitely recommend visiting. But then, I’d recommend visiting anywhere that sells chocolate really. Because chocolate.
In other important news, Andy’s parents brought us a friend for Chewbacca.
I can’t wait until I’m living in a house full of cardboard cutouts. And, no, that’s not sarcasm.
Advice To Myself For September
- You don’t need a brownie to help you cope with missing the bus. You don’t need anything to help you cope with missing the bus. Stop buying things when you miss the bus, dammit!
- You’re never going to eat those bananas. You’re just going to severely bruise them on the way to work, then bin them. You are not nice to bananas. Stop kidding yourself.
- Remember to get money out of the bank for your weekly bus pass before the bus is due on Monday morning. This is incredibly good advice, especially if you want to avoid a panicked run to the cash machine.
- Make sure there’s always bread at home. This will ensure you don’t get angry with the kitchen cupboards for their breadless existence.
- Stop swearing at the man on your exercise DVD. It’s not his fault that you can’t understand why someone would want to do another 8 lunges.
Goals For September
- Actually sell my old laptops. This has been a goal for this entire year and I’m no closer to achieving it.
- Actually do my tax return. Same goes for this goal.
- Apply for a passport. I’ve never had one before, so it may be a very long process.
- Sort out the stuff at my parent’s house.
So that’s my very short review of August. I haven’t been doing as many ‘Life Catch-Up’ posts lately, because there hasn’t really been much to talk about. I’m thinking of reducing them to a monthly thing anyway, so I can have more time to write other things. I have so many post ideas, but no time to work on them!
How has your month been?